Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Courtship

We are given a glimpse into history!  It's a letter written by R.H. Mohr to Elsie Schlueter in 1910. The postmark on the envelope is March 21, 1910, and the letter, written on letterhead from the US Post Office in Morris, Minn, is dated March 21, 1910.

The letter begins:

"Miss Elsa Schlueter

Well Elsa I am in town and wish you was hear (sic) with me for we could have all kind of fun. I hope some day you will be in with me.

Hope you are all over that mad (or bad) spell my Dear. Try and forget it will you for I am allwas (sic) good to you My Girl. Well I will see what I can do for you about tacking (sic) you to town Friday. I will do it if can.

Good by (sic) Dear.

R.H. Mohr"


(Note: There wasn't much punctuation in the letter so some liberties have been taken.)

Invitations to this year's reunion are going out in the mail this week. Watch for it and start making plans to attend!

Save the date:  Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 12 pm - Pomme de Terre City Park, Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment